X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31B - What's it like?

What do Military Police in the guard do? Don't give me the job description. I can look that up myself. What is Annual training like? When deployed are you limited to doing guard security because you're an MP or can you request to kick down doors like the Infantry. I really want to know what Annual training is like if anyone has any information to give.

Re: 31B - What's it like?

There is no request to kick doors down like the Infantry. It all depends on the unit's mission when they deploy.

When I was an MP, I mostly served on the tactical side versus working in a patrol car. When I deployed, I was the only member in my platoon that did all of our missions which were detainee OPs, combat patrols, customs operations.

Now, I was an active-duty MP. Guard units performed the same and lean mostly on the tactical piece of the MPs five main functions.

Comment

Good deal. Do you know what annual training would be like?

Comment

Originally posted by GodVortek View Post
        Good deal. Do you know what annual training would be like?
        No, I do not because it will be unit specific. It may be a real world mission such as doing law enforcement in Germany or just going to the field for two weeks and train on the unit's mission.

Also, I was a 12B and I did not deal with real explosive training until 13 years later.

Comment

For the most part, your AT will be ranges and stuff like driver's training, classes, etc., to get you caught up on the year. If you are lucky enough to drill on or near an active duty base, they may have you certify to ride along with them during some portion of your AT.

As far as deployments go, it lately has been Route Clearance, which is part of the Battlefield Circulation mission. Not a lot of fun.

Comment

Working...
          X