X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't decide on MOS

Hi, so I have wanted to join the military since I was just a little kid and after talking with my family (especially my grandfather who was also in the guard) it has become clear that the guard is the best choice for me. The only problem is that I'm not sure what MOS to go with. I am currently stuck between 13B and 19D. I have no problem with where I do my training either.

I have always been someone that was very active and loud and like the idea of being part of a group who's motto is "If you ain't CAV, you ain't ****" (19D obviously). But then again being part of the militaries "thunder and lightning" as a cannon crew member seems like something I would enjoy too.

Any suggestions on which would be a better choice?

Re: Can't decide on MOS

Ever thought about 11C, or 13F?

Comment

Originally posted by j.c. View Post
      Ever thought about 11C, or 13F?
      Not really, 11C doesn't sound too bad as for 13F it seems a little less hands on and a little more tech oriented which isn't what I am looking for.

Comment

19D is a solid choice then. And yes, there is a lot of pride within cav units.

Comment

Plus there is that fancy hat.

Comment

13F is pretty hands on, but I enlisted to be a 13B. It's one of the best MOS's in the Army. There's nothing like pulling that lanyard and knowing you just sent a 155mm high explosive projectile down range! King of battle. Plus it's a tight group and you'll have lots of camaraderie.

Comment

What do you want out of the Guard and training?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchelldurso View Post
                Not really, 11C doesn't sound too bad as for 13F it seems a little less hands on and a little more tech oriented which isn't what I am looking for.
                You might be getting 13F mixed up with 13D. The 13F is the forward observer who is calling the rounds in on target. The 13D is the guy who gets the info from the 13F and processes it into directions for the 13B's to make corrections to the guns. 13D is the technological (brains so to speak) of the field artillery.

Comment

Go 11C. Not only do you get to kick doors in, you get to launch Mortars! Best of both worlds. If you ain't Infantry, you're just a POG!......Ok I'll step off my 11B high horse before someone intellectually embarasses me.

Comment

A 13F is basically an 11B that can also rain down steel death on the enemy. Pretty hands on. Talk to a FISTer and ask him if his job is hands-on or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X