X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 Delta

Enlisted a couple of weeks ago as a 13 Delta. Can anyone give me some info on what AIT is like and also what i would be doing at drill and on deployment.

Re: 13 Delta

Originally posted by nram2086 View Post
    Enlisted a couple of weeks ago as a 13 Delta. Can anyone give me some info on what AIT is like and also what i would be doing at drill and on deployment.
    Wouldn't this info have been useful BEFORE you enlisted?

Comment

I can't speak for the enlisted side, but for the officers, learning manual gunnery is tough. The FDC tells the guns their firing commands using either manual or automation (or both). In my battery, the FDC usually trained more then the gun crews as it was easier to set up the FDC.

I can't tell you what the average FDC does for deployment.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
        Wouldn't this info have been useful BEFORE you enlisted?
        I picked whatever offered SLRP. I figured FA would be cool.

Comment

Good choice. FA is awesome. I was a 13D when I was enlisted, and I loved it. AIT will be a lot of classroom work, so learn to stay awake. Lots of homework, too. When we were doing "charts and darts" (Manual Gunnery), we'd be doing homework from after chow until at least 2100 most nights. It's not too hard, though. Just take really good notes and study your butt off and you should do well.

Comment

Working...
          X