X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12R mos

Anyone have any information on the 12r mos? Such as primary use? Daily task? Life on deployment etc? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 12R mos

12R Duty description
    Installs and maintains interior electrical systems up to 600 volts. Reads and interprets drawings, plans, and specifications. Installs service panels, switches and electrical boxes. Install metallic and nonmetallic sheathed cable, conduit and special electrical equipment. Installs service drop. Uses test equipment to test operational condition of circuits. Assist in performance of combat engineer missions.

Primary use
    Everything from wiring new structures, repairing/upgrading wiring in existing structures to troubleshooting systems up to multiple structures.

Life on deployment
    Busy, I have 12R, 12W and 12Ks and they all work together. So some missions my electricians may actually be working within their MOS other days they may be pouring concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard View Post
      12R Duty description
      Installs and maintains interior electrical systems up to 600 volts. Reads and interprets drawings, plans, and specifications. Installs service panels, switches and electrical boxes. Install metallic and nonmetallic sheathed cable, conduit and special electrical equipment. Installs service drop. Uses test equipment to test operational condition of circuits. Assist in performance of combat engineer missions.

Primary use
      Everything from wiring new structures, repairing/upgrading wiring in existing structures to troubleshooting systems up to multiple structures.

Life on deployment
      Busy, I have 12R, 12W and 12Ks and they all work together. So some missions my electricians may actually be working within their MOS other days they may be pouring concrete.
      Can a 12R be deployed as a 12B or something outside of the respective mos?

Comment

Is it possible, yes, but very very doubtful. To deploy without being MOSQ'd will usually require a civilian skill set, such as one of my guys is a 12B, but in the civilian world he is a master carpenter.

Comment

Working...
        X