Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOS help/advice

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MOS help/advice

    I just got my asvab scores back today and am now looking at what jobs I can do. I have about 3 years of college under my belt in the electrical/computer engineering area. Does anyone know of any mos that correlates with those fields or any mos that can be applied to those fields? I want something that I can use in the civilian world as well so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

  • #2
    Re: MOS help/advice

    Originally posted by iTwitchE View Post
    I just got my asvab scores back today and am now looking at what jobs I can do. I have about 3 years of college under my belt in the electrical/computer engineering area. Does anyone know of any mos that correlates with those fields or any mos that can be applied to those fields? I want something that I can use in the civilian world as well so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    How many years work experience in either field do you have? Just asking to find out if Warrant Officer is an option

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: MOS help/advice

      You would definitely use computer skills as a 56M....check it out....it's awesome.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: MOS help/advice

        Originally posted by iTwitchE View Post
        I just got my asvab scores back today and am now looking at what jobs I can do. I have about 3 years of college under my belt in the electrical/computer engineering area. Does anyone know of any mos that correlates with those fields or any mos that can be applied to those fields? I want something that I can use in the civilian world as well so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
        25B Information Technology Specialist is related to your college education, but you may just relearn most of what you already know. Why not consider learning another skill that might make you more well rounded and marketable? Look at Interior Electrician 12R or other Engineer MOS's (12 series), any Aviation MOS's (15 series) or Mechanic type MOS's (91 series).

        Best of luck!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: MOS help/advice

          Originally posted by WIBecky74 View Post
          How many years work experience in either field do you have? Just asking to find out if Warrant Officer is an option
          Actual working experience I have none but in reference to college credits I have about 40-60 collectively stacked up.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: MOS help/advice

            Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
            You would definitely use computer skills as a 56M....check it out....it's awesome.
            Can you maybe explain how they are used in the field if at all?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: MOS help/advice

              Originally posted by iTwitchE View Post
              Actual working experience I have none but in reference to college credits I have about 40-60 collectively stacked up.
              If the commissioned officer route interested you, in most states you can enlist as a 09S (Commissioned Officer Candidate) to attend either the Federal, Accelerated, or Traditional Officer Candidate School (OCS) if you have at least 60 credits. You just cant get promoted past 1LT if you don't get your Bachelors. Not sure what your state has available slot wise since it varies, but there is always Signal Corps (25A) in the officer branches. Signal Corps officers are experts in installing, operating and maintaining all aspects of the Guard's communication, data and information systems and services. You'd deal regularly with stuff like computers, crypto, protocol, and generally get certified in different programming languages while at your Basic Officer Leadership Course - Branch (BOLC-B).

              I definitely wouldn't rule it out, and I'd talk to a recruiter in your state or an Officer Strength Manager to see if Signal is available.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: MOS help/advice

                Originally posted by iTwitchE View Post
                Can you maybe explain how they are used in the field if at all?
                There are all types of tasks that require computer usage in the chaplain's office. Pretty much just using software to track stuff, and all sorts of other stuff....you know?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: MOS help/advice

                  Did you just recommend Chaplain Assistant? Haha! Hey, isn't that what you are?

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X