X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88m good mos?

Just graduated high school , want to go to college and serve so I decided to join the ny national guard. My recruiter told me 88m was avalible so I decided to take it. Got my physical next week and wanted to know what do 88m do state side besides driving trucks , and is it a good mos?

Re: 88m good mos?

It's not personal Salazarr, but I'm going to rant for a little bit.

I've seen quite a few posts lately asking if this MOS or that MOS is "good" or "bad"...There is no such thing as a good or bad MOS. You will always have people that love their job and people that hate it and depending on that particular person you ask, they're going to tell you whether or not its good or bad.

The only person that can determine whether an MOS is "good" or "bad" is you and you alone. If you want to ask a legitimate question, ask what people like about their job, and what people don't like and what their job entails. Use that to determine whether or not you think you will enjoy this MOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Rescue View Post
      It's not personal Salazarr, but I'm going to rant for a little bit.
      Wouldn't call that a rant, it's sound advice!

Salazzar, what you need to do before you decide on your MOS is figure out what you want to do with your time in the Guard. 88M is great if you want to drive trucks or if that's what your ASVAB score allows you to do, but you should look at all the options available to you before jumping into a job that you might not enjoy or may not provide you with the experiences you want to have. That's how I picked my MOS, because 1) I wanted to learn a certain skill or skill set and 2) I thought it would be an interesting job to have.

Comment

[QUOTE]
        Originally posted by VA25U View Post
        Wouldn't call that a rant, it's sound advice!

Salazzar, what you need to do before you decide on your MOS is figure out what you want to do with your time in the Guard. 88M is great if you want to drive trucks or if that's what your ASVAB score allows you to do, but you should look at all the options available to you before jumping into a job that you might not enjoy or may not provide you with the experiences you want to
        Agreed! If you're not familiar with all the MOS options available, take a look! http://bit.ly/NkDIDx

Comment

This is interesting. I was sworn in yesterday at Atlanta MEPS and I'm entering as an 88M. Do I think it is good? I've heard good things about 88M but ultimately it'll be for you to decide.

Comment

Disregard my question on your FLW question thread. Now I know your MOS.

Comment

Working...
            X