X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19 D Any thoughts?

So the short story is I am trying to enlist with the OCS option. My recruiter told me I need to pick an MOS in case I do not make it in to or through OCS. I don’t really have any opinions one way or another about an MOS except I don’t really want anything that is like my civilian job because I am afraid I will get bored with the Guard. I want a change and I want to learn a new skill. My recruiter is suggesting 19 D as my backup plan.
    Any thoughts on this MOS?
    Thanks in advance for your replies.
    Last edited by RyCass; August 1st, 2012, 10:32 AM. Reason: Error in post. Rycass: Error fixed

Re: 19 B. Any thoughts?

Sure, it's as good as the next MOS. And if you're looking for something different from the civilian world, then it's probably a good choice.

And according to the ever so humble CAV soldiers out there...."If you aint CAV, you aint SH*T" (at least that's what they like to say)

Comment

Re: 19 D Any thoughts?

Originally posted by rmp2 View Post
      So the short story is I am trying to enlist with the OCS option. My recruiter told me I need to pick an MOS in case I do not make it in to or through OCS. I don’t really have any opinions one way or another about an MOS except I don’t really want anything that is like my civilian job because I am afraid I will get bored with the Guard. I want a change and I want to learn a new skill. My recruiter is suggesting 19 D as my backup plan.
      Any thoughts on this MOS?
      Thanks in advance for your replies.
      If you're not sure what MOS you'd like to do, here's a list of what the National Guard offers: http://bit.ly/NV47ng Take a look and see if anything else interests you. Like HR NCO stated, one MOS is just as good as the other. But keep in mind if something goes wrong with OCS, you'll have to go to school for this MOS, so make your choice wisely.

Comment

I certainly appreciate the replies. I took a look at the MOS available. There are a few I wouldn’t mind. I am in the emergency management field on the administrative end so I don’t think an office job would interest me. I like the thought of being in the field and think that an MOS that offers that might help my chances of moving out to the field in my civilian career. I think I like that quote that HR NOC gave about if you ain’t CAV you ain’t SH*T.

Comment

Originally posted by rmp2 View Post
          I certainly appreciate the replies. I took a look at the MOS available. There are a few I wouldn’t mind. I am in the emergency management field on the administrative end so I don’t think an office job would interest me. I like the thought of being in the field and think that an MOS that offers that might help my chances of moving out to the field in my civilian career. I think I like that quote that HR NOC gave about if you ain’t CAV you ain’t SH*T.
          Great! Glad the link helped clarify a bit on what you want to do!

Comment

Working...
          X