Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

35F, Intelligence Analyst, and 35L, Counterintelligence Agent, MOS Questions?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35F, Intelligence Analyst, and 35L, Counterintelligence Agent, MOS Questions?

Hello, I am currently a Junior in high school and involved in Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps and the Young Marines, and am about to enlist with the Army National Guard in September. My original plan was to request 31B, Military Police, as my MOS. Two other jobs have since peaked my interest the most, 35F, Intelligence Analyst, and 35L, Counterintelligence Agent. I have looked around for information on these two jobs, but am finding a lot of diverse answers. Some of my questions are especially important because I am planning on attending college and ROTC in the fall following my Senior year. I will need to be able to give the college of my choice some of this information. I appreciate any answers that anyone can give me; even if it is just a few questions or only one question.

1. Duration and Location of AIT for 35F and or 35L

2. Washout rate of AIT for 35F and or 35L

3. Description of AIT for 35F and or 35L; such as material being taught, when, etc.

4. Is airborne training or other specialized training such as diving, air assault, etc. required for 35F and or 35L

5. What are the monthly drills and 2 week drill periods like after AIT?

6. What security clearance is given to 35F and or 35L? What are the requirements for such security clearance?

7. What are the requirements for 35F and or 35L?

Re: 35F, Intelligence Analyst, and 35L, Counterintelligence Agent, MOS Questions?

Originally posted by SplitOptionSoldier View Post

1. Duration and Location of AIT for 35F and or 35L

Im not sure however the durations for both these AITs are available online. Its also worth noting that ARNG soldiers sometimes have a shorter course duration. If I recall correctly Fort Huachuca in AZ is where the MI schoolhouses are.

2. Washout rate of AIT for 35F and or 35L

Not sure but probably fairly high based not on the difficulty of the content but the background criteria required to keep a Top Secret clearance.

3. Description of AIT for 35F and or 35L; such as material being taught, when, etc.

Google it.

4. Is airborne training or other specialized training such as diving, air assault, etc. required for 35F and or 35L

I think it would really depend on what unit you are assigned. More so if you are in the "Big Army". Probably SERE or Airborne on the Brigade level.

5. What are the monthly drills and 2 week drill periods like after AIT?

I am currently active duty so not sure.

6. What security clearance is given to 35F and or 35L? What are the requirements for such security clearance?

Top Secret.

7. What are the requirements for 35F and or 35L?

As far as what? Im pretty certain that 35L is not an entry level MOS and Id be surprised if any ARNG units actually had slots for this MOS.
    Im sure there are some MI guys lurking around this forum that will eventually give you some more concrete info than I can.

Comment

Re: 35F, Intelligence Analyst, and 35L, Counterintelligence Agent, MOS Questions?

You're going to do ROTC but not commission? If you go the officer route, you would be 35A (if available), and you wouldn't go to AIT. Instead, you would be attending BOLC at Ft Huachuca, Arizona for 6 months.

Comment

You can put 35L on hold for now. It requires that you be 21 and must have been in the army 5 years, they may have reduced that by a couple years. Either way nobody can enlist as a 35L as they have done away with the 35L10 program. On the officer side you can become a Lima as they are called 35E but you must be a 1LT promotable and already hold an MI commission. You really can't compare 35F to 35L, while they are both MI positions that is where the comparison stops. As Garden state suggested, google is a great way to find out more about the MOS.

Comment

Okay; please disregard the 35L parts of the questions; only 35F. On the site, I did not see a non-entry level MOS for 35L so I was unaware of that. and I am going into ROTC in college while I am in the Army National Guard. I am going to transition into active duty as an officer into military police or intelligence. I will not be in the guard while an officer, only enlisted. I will only be in the Army National Guard from the time of my enlistment at 17 to the end of college when I am 23. I will be fall under the Split Option program.

Comment

Working...
          X