X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 42, emt-b?

Cutoff in MI is 42. I'm 42 until June 25. EMT-B, Bachelors in Science, physically fit. How does a civilian EMT-B translate in the NG? Does this just help in placement in AIT?

Noob, sorry. I've wanted to do this all my life and never had the chance until now.

Re: 42, emt-b?

I think your getting bad information, the cutoff is not 42 anywhere anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
      I think your getting bad information, the cutoff is not 42 anywhere anymore.
      Michigan ANG wing website lists 42 as cutoff. If not, my mid-life crisis starts now.

Comment

For EMT-B itself, there is no age requirement. Nor for paramedic certification and licensing, nor for RN.

Comment

I am afraid that it is time to purchase a Harley. Many websites, military and civilian alike are unfortunately notorious for having outmoded information.

Army wide the oldest age for initial induction is 35 years. Approximately 18 months ago the ARNG had inducted non-prior service applicants up until their 42nd birthday, but as the military is in a drawdown, and nationally numbers are up, the age requirement reduced to 35. As with everything in life, military included, there are exceptions. Specialty branches such as Chaplain continue to induct applicants at a higher ceiling, but unless you have secret second life as a Catholic Priest, I am afraid you simply waited too long before you considered action on your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureEngineer View Post
            For EMT-B itself, there is no age requirement. Nor for paramedic certification and licensing, nor for RN.
            This has nothing to do with the OP's question.

Comment

Originally posted by mongoose772 View Post
              this has nothing to do with the op's question.
              but it's information!!!

Comment

Until I started coming onto this board, I had no idea why so many Enlisted from E1s thru even E9s called Second Lieutenants "Butter Bars" or why they have the difference between a PFC and Lieutenant is.... joke Until now......

Anyways, outside of explaining the age cap, not a single one has explained the 8 week removal from AIT for 68W by having their NREMT-B, nor explaining Bachelors=E4 for Enlistment. At first I misread the question, didn't realize he already had EMT-B, that said. There is always the State Guard, which in some states can be up to age 60.

Ignoring the rest of the question because of the beginning of it, doesn't provide full spectrum results of info.

And I also like how no one has even bothered asking what his Bachelors is, considering AMEDD recruits up to age 60. for specific specialties. Which happens to be the very section of the forum this thread is in, is concerning AMEDD.
                Last edited by FutureEngineer; May 21st, 2012, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureEngineer View Post
                  Until I started coming onto this board, I had no idea why so many Enlisted from E1s thru even E9s called Second Lieutenants "Butter Bars" or why they have the difference between a PFC and Lieutenant is.... joke Until now......

Anyways, outside of explaining the age cap, not a single one has explained the 8 week removal from AIT for 68W by having their NREMT-B, nor explaining Bachelors=E4 for Enlistment. At first I misread the question, didn't realize he already had EMT-B, that said. There is always the State Guard, which in some states can be up to age 60.

Ignoring the rest of the question because of the beginning of it, doesn't provide full spectrum results of info.

And I also like how no one has even bothered asking what his Bachelors is, considering AMEDD recruits up to age 60. for specific specialties. Which happens to be the very section of the forum this thread is in, is concerning AMEDD.
                  Your ignorance continues...why don't you let the professionals handle any further question from here on out and you can answer any questions someone may ask concerning covenants.

Comment

Your ignorance continues...why don't you let the professionals handle any further question from here on out and you can answer any questions someone may ask concerning covenants.
                    SFC, these characters align. Someone was right.

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...ighlight=draco

Comment

This is the best thing I've read all morning.....I about spit my coffee from laughing

Comment

My ignorance continues? Have you read the question, and consider the location of this thread? Talk to an AMEDD recruiter like I did, they take Direct Commissions up to age 60, the Nurse Corps allows up to age 45. PAs are up to 42, you do know PA can be a Bachelors right? You do know you can get an Associates and have a PA correct? You never asked what the bachelors was in.

Comment

Ho hum............stay on topic and maintain civility please.

Comment

Let me clear up some confusion I see here. I am MSG(R) and I work as an AMEDD Specialty Operator for National Guard.com. If you are currently 42 years of age and have an EMT-B you will not be eligible for enlistment into the National Guard. The age requirement for non-prior service is 35 and that is nation wide. If you have an advanced degree as a Physician Assistant or a Family Nurse Practitioner the age limit is 48. These particular positions are direct appointments as an officer. If you have further questions feel free to call me at 1-866-529-1354

Comment

Originally posted by Triple B View Post
                              Let me clear up some confusion I see here. I am MSG(R) and I work as an AMEDD Specialty Operator for National Guard.com. If you are currently 42 years of age and have an EMT-B you will not be eligible for enlistment into the National Guard. The age requirement for non-prior service is 35 and that is nation wide. If you have an advanced degree as a Physician Assistant or a Family Nurse Practitioner the age limit is 48. These particular positions are direct appointments as an officer. If you have further questions feel free to call me at 1-866-529-1354
                              Game. Set. Match.

Comment

Working...
                              X