Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a history of 'cutting' a disqualifying reason for the Army NG to deny someone enlistment?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a history of 'cutting' a disqualifying reason for the Army NG to deny someone enlistment?

My 21 year old son is interested in joining the Army National Guard. He used to 'cut' himself and now has scars on his body. He has 'outgrown' the cutting, but it has left him with scars. Will his history of cutting prevent him from enlisting in the Army National Guard? If not, will he need to be cleared by a medical professional? Thank you. Signed, Worried Mother in NJ.

Originally posted by njmom View Post
    My 21 year old son is interested in joining the Army National Guard. He used to 'cut' himself and now has scars on his body. He has 'outgrown' the cutting, but it has left him with scars. Will his history of cutting prevent him from enlisting in the Army National Guard? If not, will he need to be cleared by a medical professional? Thank you. Signed, Worried Mother in NJ.
    Yes, that is a disqualifying condition. In theory it might be possible to get a waiver, but I personally suspect chances are slim. A current recuiter will most likely chime in on the waiver, but it is a DQ.

Comment

There is no chance of anyone getting in, even with a waiver for self-mutilation.

Comment

Working...
      X