X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASVAB/GED

Hey, guys. Just a quick question. Back in 2009, I had to drop out of high school and get my GED due to major life issues. I went in and talked to a recruiter and took my ASVAB. Although I scored an 88 on my asvab and was well qualified for my MOS in the ST score I needed, I was told I still need to get 15 college credits? The thing I don't get, is I scored really high on my asvab, and got 17+ points over the required ST for my MOS, but I still have to get college credits? I guess I'm not completely understanding what message the recruiter was trying to relay. Clarification, anyone?

The message is if you have a GED instead of a regular HS diploma; you will require an additional 15 college credits to enlist. Those are the rules.

Comment

Thank you, Chief. I was just trying to see it clearer because I was told different things from different recruiters. One said as long as I score high enough, there was a higher possibility of me not needing the credits; although, I do believe that was an army reserve recruiter, and not a NG recruiter.

Comment

Currently you can enlist with a GED but you need to score higher on the TAPAS with a min 74 in the Could Do & 90 in the Would Do. These changes went into effect March 3rd.

Comment

Working...
        X