X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlisting with a misdemeanor DWI.

As the subject line states, I have one misdemeanor DWI from almost 4 years ago. Everything I have read pretty much says I could get in, but I figured I would ask on here to get a good take on it. I want to join, but I'm also not blind to the fact that I screwed up big time. Just looking for any info on what my chances would be. Thanks.

Your best answer will come from a recruiter.

Comment

Agreed. Apparently the ANG isn't too fond of me. I can't even get a recruiter to call me lol. I entered my info on their website and it says "a recruiter will call you within 24" hours....that was 3 days ago heh.

Comment

The military is experience a major force reduction and your issue will require waivers and paperwork to be done on the recruiter's part. Maybe your issue is not even waiverable at this time. I do not know since I am not a recruiter but obviously there is a finite amount of recruiters who are dealing with other applicants as well. What have you done that is very positive in your life?

http://www.stripes.com/news/lack-of-...irmen-1.258388

Comment

Contact a local Army National Guard Recruiter. One DWI is waivable, not easy but it can be done. The Recuiter should be able to find you a unit that is willing to accept you. You will likely be required to do a face to face with the Unit's Company Commander before he will agree to take you into his/her unit. After that, you'll need to write an applicant letter and come up with three reference letters. If you can contact a Recruiter and let him/her know that you've already got that done along with the police records you'll be far more likely to have someone work with/for you.

Best of luck!!

Comment

Working...
          X