Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Is California accepting RE 3 Waivers? If not, what states are? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is California accepting RE 3 Waivers? If not, what states are?

I am prior service Navy (Aug 1997-Feb 2003), female, and 39 years of age. I also did a short stint in the Minnesota National Guard a few years ago, but had to get out due to relocating to Hawaii with my active husband at the time (Hardship). I am currently divorced with no dependents. My RE Code is 3 due to the fact that I had to move to Hawaii and could no longer drill (I missed consecutive drills) and was given a General Discharge under Honorable Conditions (unsatisfactory performance). I wen to Navy Boot Camp, and was slated to go to Army Basic but ended up moving out of state and getting out of the Guard before that happened. I currently reside in Maryland (and I have been in contact with local recruiters here) that have told me it is possible with a waiver. They just got back to me a few minutes ago, and told me no that they can't do the waiver after all. I just wasn’t sure if California is accepting waivers at this time. I will be moving back to California sometime in the early part of next year to be closer to my family.
    Last edited by slovengrl; December 16th, 2013, 02:15 PM.

Why didn't you switch to the Hawaii Guard back then? Call information for a California Guard recruiter for the area you expected to move to. Also, I give you credit for wanting to attend Army basic at 39 years old.
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; December 16th, 2013, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X