X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domestic Violence Charge

I'm looking to enlist, and I want to have all my Ducks in a row before I go to talk to a Recruiter. I have Social Security cards and Birth Certificates for my self and children, and a copy of my high school diploma. What, if any, documentation is normally needed for Domestic Violence charges that are dropped with no conditions. Do recruiters go to the court house and get this information themselves, or do applicants typically have to go to the courts to get proof of the outcome for the packet?
    Last edited by MrGrinch; December 11th, 2013, 04:45 AM.

Any charges of Domestic Violence will require what's called a Suitability Review to prove that the charges were dropped without prejudice. Meaning no probation. You'll likely need the police report and any other court documents surrounding the case along with, most importantly, the final disposition. Bring all of this, along with a hand written letter from you, the applicant explaining the circumstances and he/she can then submit the Suitability Review to determine if you're eligible for enlistment.

Comment

MrGringch, are you working with a Guard Recruiter at the moment?

Comment

Working...
      X