X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foreign passport

I am hoping to enlist in the guard asap, and i am wondering if having a foreign passport will prevent me from doing so. I'm a permanent resident of PA and i've been here for almost 4 years. I have my Selective Service Number and so forth but was unsure about the passport. It will expire in about 6 months anyway. I'm also going to apply for citizenship as i've been married over here for over 3 years. Will i have to wait for the passport to expire? Or can i 'give it up' so to speak?

Any advice or information would be appreciated!

SMCDonnald,

If you have the proper credentials to show that you're a permanent resident, you should meet the citizenship requirements to join the Guard. Please understand that you will not qualify for jobs that require a security clearance until you are a US citizen. You'll want to speak with your recruiter regarding the necessity of revoking your existing passport. If you don't have a recruiter yet, we will be happy to assign one to you on the front end of the site or you can call us at 1800-Go-Guard.

Thank you,

Mike

Comment

I got in touch with a recruiter and have gone over my options. I'm going to enlist, and apply for citizenship before I leave for basic. It's a pretty expensive process! I was told that I can request to change MOS once my citizenship is cleared.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X