Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finished MEPS and asvab.... underweight!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished MEPS and asvab.... underweight!

I went in and completed asvab (88), tapas, and MEPS.. everything went fine except my weight. I am a 29 year old male, 6'1" and I weighed in at 128. Need to be 145! Of course they weigh you after the piss test and no food for 8 hours too I feel like im the only person who has to gain weight to get in! I am currently active and quite fit.. ive just started eating as much as i possibly can (and trying to keep as much of that as healthy weight too) Going to purchase a scale today to begin monitoring my progress. I have an RBJ date of Dec. 13th and i should be able to enlist that day. For now i am eating lots of eggs, coconut oil, avocado, peanut butter, veggies, protein shakes, milk, and other high calorie / protein foods. Any tips for healthy snacks? Besides weight i have started to see where i lie for PT.. 22 pushups and 20 sit ups.. havent checked my run time yet but i ran a 5k obstacle race this year and trained well for that so i should be ok. I am excited to be a part of the team and hope to make this weight appear!

Re: Finished MEPS and asvab.... underweight!

product called optimun pro complex gainer. 60gms of protein per serving and high calorie intake. whatever you do make sure you continue working out. If you are going to the gym, lift hard and heavy. stick with the basics but lift very heavy. by basics i mean bench, squats, deadlifts, cleans. just my 2 cents

Comment

Re: Finished MEPS and asvab.... underweight!

Originally posted by HombreArana View Post
      I went in and completed asvab (88), tapas, and MEPS.. everything went fine except my weight. I am a 29 year old male, 6'1" and I weighed in at 128. Need to be 145! Of course they weigh you after the piss test and no food for 8 hours too I feel like im the only person who has to gain weight to get in! I am currently active and quite fit.. ive just started eating as much as i possibly can (and trying to keep as much of that as healthy weight too) Going to purchase a scale today to begin monitoring my progress. I have an RBJ date of Dec. 13th and i should be able to enlist that day. For now i am eating lots of eggs, coconut oil, avocado, peanut butter, veggies, protein shakes, milk, and other high calorie / protein foods. Any tips for healthy snacks? Besides weight i have started to see where i lie for PT.. 22 pushups and 20 sit ups.. havent checked my run time yet but i ran a 5k obstacle race this year and trained well for that so i should be ok. I am excited to be a part of the team and hope to make this weight appear!
      What he said.. Eat big, lift big! Supplement with a ton of protein on top of your normal diet ( I'd say make sure you are getting at least 150g a day of total protein, but don't cut out any carbs or fat you're already eating ), and lots of big weight sets with your biggest muscle groups. I've had good luck with a whey shake immediately before and after lifting, protein bars between meals as snacks, and a casein shake right before bed.

Comment

Up to 135.. no gym membership or anything so i just do push ups all damn day with some sit ups and yoga stuff mixed in.. but on a bad note if 670-1 is signed before my chance to enlist i wont be allowed too due to tattoos i hope this is not the case and i can slide by and be grandfathered in before i miss my chance! I have a lot of work to give and want to be in the Guard pretty bad..
        Last edited by HombreArana; October 11th, 2013, 08:58 PM.

Comment

You are nearly there! If you can't get a gym membership then continue doing what is working. I would add in pull ups along with lower body exercises like lunges, squat jumps etc. The more muscles you can stimulate to grow the better. A couple things to keep in mind, be well hydrated for the weigh in. After I complete long runs (20+miles) I typically weigh 5-7 pounds less then when I started simply because I sweated out a full gallon of fluids. Good luck!

Comment

Drink a gallon of milk per day....no, seriously. You'll pack some weight on in a hurry.

Comment

I suggest taking mass gainer to gain those few extra pounds it works great for putting of muscle fast just make sure you run a lot otherwise you might get fat. Used it for football works great, i got mine at a gnc store at a local mall, hope this helps!

Comment

Eat a lot and at the same time eat healthy.
                Last edited by SF Hunter; October 18th, 2013, 10:23 AM. Reason: No advertising

Comment

Working...
                X