Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Can i join the National Guard after a domestic violence case was dissmissed and sealed ? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i join the National Guard after a domestic violence case was dissmissed and sealed ?

I was dating this girl that took it upon herself to get back at me for breaking up with her and went a filed a police report accusing me of slapping her and bruising her arm . The case was completely dismissed and sealed last week but when i went to talk to a recruiter he looks at me like if i did it , i have shown him the disposition stating that the case was dismissed and closed , now he calls me up and tells me we wants the police report to "see what actually happened " which makes no sense because anybody could make false allegations about another person. so my question is will this stop me from joining ?

Re: Can i join the National Guard after a domestic violence case was dissmissed and sealed ?

Originally posted by Wolf187 View Post
    I was dating this girl that took it upon herself to get back at me for breaking up with her and went a filed a police report accusing me of slapping her and bruising her arm . The case was completely dismissed and sealed last week but when i went to talk to a recruiter he looks at me like if i did it , i have shown him the disposition stating that the case was dismissed and closed , now he calls me up and tells me we wants the police report to "see what actually happened " which makes no sense because anybody could make false allegations about another person. so my question is will this stop me from joining ?
    If it was dismissed without prejudice (no fines, no deferred prosecution, no conditional anything) than you will be 100% fine.

If the dismissal had stipulations you will hit a bump in the road very shortly.

Comment

Re: Can i join the National Guard after a domestic violence case was dissmissed and sealed ?

Originally posted by realitycheck View Post
      If it was dismissed without prejudice (no fines, no deferred prosecution, no conditional anything) than you will be 100% fine.

If the dismissal had stipulations you will hit a bump in the road very shortly.

Yes it was dismissed without any stipulations , thank you very much for this information. Another quick question do you think i should find another recruiter who isn't so judgmental or should i just ride this wave?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf187 View Post
        Yes it was dismissed without any stipulations , thank you very much for this information. Another quick question do you think i should find another recruiter who isn't so judgmental or should i just ride this wave?
        Ride the wave, until you are told something that may not be true. Stop back in here and keep us updated. You may be told you need a suitability review, but if what you state about the dismissal is accurate do not sweat it.

Comment

Working...
        X