Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suitabilty Review

Just have a simple qustion

I am trying to enlist into the National Guard but my recruiter had to send up paperwork for a suitability review because I was charged with aggravated battery(a felony) but was found not guilty, I wrote a letter explaining that I was wrongly accused, all I did was help break up a fight and somehow was pointed out as the person who started it, but after all the witnesses in the trial testified to the same(that all I did was step in to break up the fight) I was found not guilty. I guess my question is should I be concerned about the suitability review and me being disqualified. Any answers would be greatly appreciated

Re: Suitabilty Review

Originally posted by LimaTango-8-1 View Post
    Just have a simple qustion

I am trying to enlist into the National Guard but my recruiter had to send up paperwork for a suitability review because I was charged with aggravated battery(a felony) but was found not guilty, I wrote a letter explaining that I was wrongly accused, all I did was help break up a fight and somehow was pointed out as the person who started it, but after all the witnesses in the trial testified to the same(that all I did was step in to break up the fight) I was found not guilty. I guess my question is should I be concerned about the suitability review and me being disqualified. Any answers would be greatly appreciated
    If you were truely found not guilty WITHOUT PREJUDICE then you should be fine. If you had some conditions to meet like pay a fine and do community service and it goes away you may have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by realitycheck View Post
      If you were truely found not guilty WITHOUT PREJUDICE then you should be fine. If you had some conditions to meet like pay a fine and do community service and it goes away you may have a problem.
      No i went to court, jury came back after deliberating for like 10 minutes and said "NOT GUILTY", and i left and that was that

Comment

Originally posted by LimaTango-8-1 View Post
        No i went to court, jury came back after deliberating for like 10 minutes and said "NOT GUILTY", and i left and that was that
        You should be fine. Suitability reviews are there to determine if someone needs a waiver or not. If that is what really happened it should be a non issue.

Comment

Working...
        X