Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Drivers License Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Drivers License

    I have been talking to a recruiter beginning around may of this year. I am going to be a junior in highschool so I'm going to be doing the split option. I am currently 17 and i turn 18 in february. I took the ASVAB this past week and I got a 70. My recruiter said that that's really good and I qualify for the mos' I'm interested in. Which would be 91B or 31B. But now he is saying I can't do either because I do not have a drivers license!!! So I was really really disappointed. Then I was wondering that maybe if I got my permit and then my license before AIT (the summer after I graduate from highschool) would that be okay? By the way I live in New York. Thanks so much for any help and advice you can give me!

  • #2
    Re: Drivers License

    Originally posted by ORANGE44 View Post
    I have been talking to a recruiter beginning around may of this year. I am going to be a junior in highschool so I'm going to be doing the split option. I am currently 17 and i turn 18 in february. I took the ASVAB this past week and I got a 70. My recruiter said that that's really good and I qualify for the mos' I'm interested in. Which would be 91B or 31B. But now he is saying I can't do either because I do not have a drivers license!!! So I was really really disappointed. Then I was wondering that maybe if I got my permit and then my license before AIT (the summer after I graduate from highschool) would that be okay? By the way I live in New York. Thanks so much for any help and advice you can give me!
    What interests you about those MOS. They are very far apart in terms of duties.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Drivers License

      A stab in the dark is telling me in the civilian world he'd like to be able to work as a mechanic, or police officer....

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Drivers License

        Originally posted by Zero259 View Post
        A stab in the dark is telling me in the civilian world he'd like to be able to work as a mechanic, or police officer....
        You got it zero259. Mechanic or police.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Drivers License

          Who is your Recruiter in NY?

          If you're enlisting under the Split Training Option you do NOT need your drivers license, only a permit for 31B, you WILL need it before you ship to AIT. A drivers license is NOT required for 91B.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Drivers License

            Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
            Who is your Recruiter in NY?

            If you're enlisting under the Split Training Option you do NOT need your drivers license, only a permit for 31B, you WILL need it before you ship to AIT. A drivers license is NOT required for 91B.
            Been shootin emails back and forth today. He said he's sorry. He mispoke. He clarified and said that I do NOT need a license for 91B but I would for 31B. Recruiter said I get sworn in next Friday. Awesome. I would rather 91B over 31B anyway..... But I was just nervous cause of the whole license thing. Thanks for the help. I was also wondering this, I go to BCT this upcoming summer. After BCT most guys ship off to AIT. But seeing a how I am split option, would I ride home with my family after graduation day? Or would I head home a few days later? Thanks so much for the help!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Drivers License

              Split Opts cannot enlist until they're 270 days from their ship date which means sometime in late Sept depending on when you're last day of school is. Here in NY we're looking at June 23 as being the earliest you could ship making Sept 23 the earliest you could enlist.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Drivers License

                Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
                Split Opts cannot enlist until they're 270 days from their ship date which means sometime in late Sept depending on when you're last day of school is. Here in NY we're looking at June 23 as being the earliest you could ship making Sept 23 the earliest you could enlist.
                Hmmm..... Maybe there was a misunderstanding on that as well. Well I meet with my recruiter this upcoming Monday. Talk to him then. Thanks for the help.

                Comment

                Working...
                X