X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEPs Waivers

Hello! I went to MEPs Wednesday and everything was fine. I completed all the exercises and I was in good health! The only issue were my eyes. I told my recruiter from the moment we started talking that I think I might need a waiver for my vision. She told me, if my vision was correctable to 20/20 I'd be fine. So my vision was about 400/20 in both eyes without glasses but it was correctable to 20/20. (I have -8.00 in one of my eyes and -7.50 in the other, but the MEPs machine read like -9.00 and -11.00 and I know i'm not THAT blind) The MEPs physician said that I need to see an eye doctor. I was bummed I couldn't swear in but that's alright. I called my recruiter to come pick me up and the and the man in the National Guard office (sorry, I don't know his title, I just know he does the swearing in) told me not to worry, all I had to do is get a copy of my last exam from my eye doc, send it in with my waiver and wait for the result. He seemed every hopeful for me. I called my mom to fax my exam to my recruiter right then and there.

Anyways, I'm not worried about the waiting. I'm 17 years old and in high school so I have time to wait. But I guess my question is, does MEPs process waivers on the weekends? and I heard that there are alot of furlough days so waiver processing takes even longer. and if any of you had to wait for any medical waiver (vision) I would love to her about your experience and how long it took. Lastly, what jobs am I excluded from? I was set on 68w but I feel like this temp DQ was a blessing from above, and I started looking into 68P and 68S. My asvab score was 62.

Until then, I'm hurrying up to wait!

Re: MEPs Waivers

From what I have seen, MEPS is nice and quiet on the weekends.

Comment

Sounds like you were DQ'ed for eye refraction. Anything over -8.00 is disqualifying. Did they tell you that you'd need a consult with an opthamologist? I've had two cases like that this year, a consult was required and a med waiver submitted and approved not long after. Probably took about 2-3 weeks total. The 400/20 vision may disqualify you from some jobs but should be good for 68W.

Keep us updated and best of luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
        Sounds like you were DQ'ed for eye refraction. Anything over -8.00 is disqualifying. Did they tell you that you'd need a consult with an opthamologist? I've had two cases like that this year, a consult was required and a med waiver submitted and approved not long after. Probably took about 2-3 weeks total. The 400/20 vision may disqualify you from some jobs but should be good for 68W.

Keep us updated and best of luck!!
        Yes, she asked me the last time I visited my optometrist/opthamologist and I told her about 8 months ago. She said I needed a consult but the guy who conducts the NG swearing in ceremony said that I just need to get a copy of my last eye exam and send it over, so my recruiter got my paper work together that day.

Also, I'm mainly interested in medical jobs, so will my vision DQ from alot of them?

Comment

Working...
        X