X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on civil suit information

first of all thank you for taking the time to read this. I will make it sweet and short: I had a judgement filed against me for "debt" 4 years ago through an attorneys office. I still make payments on this debt every month. im afraid this will DQ me. I dont want to lie about it, but i kinda do because i dont want that to hurt my chances. i also know if they find out i lied, im DQ and discharged which is worst. I was thinking about omitting it due to going 11B which doesnt require clearance anyways. advice?

Re: Advice on civil suit information

Don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by NGR20 View Post
      first of all thank you for taking the time to read this. I will make it sweet and short: I had a judgement filed against me for "debt" 4 years ago through an attorneys office. I still make payments on this debt every month. im afraid this will DQ me. I dont want to lie about it, but i kinda do because i dont want that to hurt my chances. i also know if they find out i lied, im DQ and discharged which is worst. I was thinking about omitting it due to going 11B which doesnt require clearance anyways. advice?
      It means absolutley nothing if you are going for 11B. It wont even come up. Even if you were going for a clearance and this was the only issue you had, the fact that you are attemptiong to make good on the debt would mitigate any issues. You are fine, dont stress.

Comment

Thank you both for your responses. I already knew i shouldnt lie. i dont like lying, its not in my nature...my desire to join was overshadowing my train of thought. I will follow your advice. going to meps wednesday. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X