X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASVAB Question

So, ive been wondering In Order to take the Student ASVAB, What Age you have to be, and what Grade you have to be? I've Heard Rumors that you would have to be a Sophtmore. I would be Greatful, if someone helpled

Re: ASVAB Question

Unless things have changed, you can't take the ASVAB until your Junior Year. ASVABs are only good for 2 years still I believe so when you graduated high school it would already be no good if you took it in the 10th grade. I recommend you take it both of your upperclassmen years. One to give you a baseline of what you can do, and then the next year you can improve on that score and possibly get better opportunities. My first got I got a 77, the next I got an 84. I was fine with the 77 for anything, but the 84 put me over the top.

Comment

Some high schools conduct the SASVAB during 10th grade, not for the purposes of military enlistment but as a career direction tool. If it is taken during 10th grade the scores cannot be applied towards enlistment.

You cannot take the ASVAB at MEPS until you are 17 yrs old.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero259 View Post
        Unless things have changed, you can't take the ASVAB until your Junior Year. ASVABs are only good for 2 years still I believe so when you graduated high school it would already be no good if you took it in the 10th grade. I recommend you take it both of your upperclassmen years. One to give you a baseline of what you can do, and then the next year you can improve on that score and possibly get better opportunities. My first got I got a 77, the next I got an 84. I was fine with the 77 for anything, but the 84 put me over the top.
        Thanks Man, Even though this is the National Forums, I Find my Path in this life leading to the Marines, The Elite Brotherhood.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
          Some high schools conduct the SASVAB during 10th grade, not for the purposes of military enlistment but as a career direction tool. If it is taken during 10th grade the scores cannot be applied towards enlistment.

You cannot take the ASVAB at MEPS until you are 17 yrs old.
          Thanks, Information is helpful.

Comment

Working...
          X