X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waiver

About two years ago I wanted to join the guard but I was being ignorant and tested positive for marajuanna . Since then I have stopped using and I want to enlist but im not shure if im eligible.im not looking for any pitty because its no ones fault but my own just looking for an answer.Its just hard to think one mistake at 18 is going to stop me from doing the one thing I want any reply would be greatly appreciated .
    Last edited by Travis; August 5th, 2013, 03:57 PM.

Re: waiver

A recruiter can attest that drug waivers are not being accepted at this time.

Comment

I just went to MEPS last week and they were automatically PDQ anyone with drug related charges or that had ever tested positive. There was one guy who had never had a charge or tested positive but markes "yes" on his packet and was automatically PDQ. im not sure how it is everywhere else, but MEPS in Tampa Fl was not working many waivers for any branches, there were many disappointed people going home..and some looked very squared away. I almost got DQ over an ingrown toe nail 5 years ago...luckily i was prepared and had a "good to go" letter from the doctor that performed my surgery years ago, and they accepted it

Comment

what do you think my chances are of getting in sometime down the road and is pdq really permanent because my record is completely clean other than 1 speeding ticket

Comment

If there is a chance of getting a waiver you certainly are not getting it by asking people on the internet regardless of if were right or wrong. Get off the couch and go find a recruiter willing to work with you and worst case scenario build a relationship with him to stay in touch in case requirements change.

Comment

Working...
          X