X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearance - Dual Citizen

I was born in Colombia , and became a US citizen about 3 years ago.
    I still hold my Colombian citizenship, can this affect my clearance process?
    Also, having dual citizenship affect my career path as an Intelligence Analyst?
    Last edited by mospi; July 31st, 2013, 08:57 PM.

Re: Clearance - Dual Citizen

You cannot be a dual citizen and get a secuirty clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
      You cannot be a dual citizen and get a secuirty clearance.
      Thanks for the info.
      I always thought that you can get clearance to some info, but not all. I realized that I was wrong.
      I am going to start the process to renouncing my Colombian Citizenship tomorrow.
      With the jobs that I want to do, and studied to do (both BA and MA) there is nothing i can do with out clearance.

Comment

Que hubo pues hermano. You will have to relinquish your Colombian citizen. Mi esposa es de Itagui y tiene los dos pero ella no es soldada.

Comment

Ahh Antioquia parce!!!! Glad to know that you got yourself a wonderful Colombian Woman.

Yeah, I am contacting the Colombian Embassy tomorrow to start the process. Looking at their website the renouncing process looks, pretty painless and easy.

Comment

Si, Paisa es la mejor! haha.

Pues, buena suerte. Necesito tomar una aguardienta ahora.

Comment

The general rule is that exercising dual citizenship rights can affect your clearance. You have to be willing to renounce you dual citizenship. We don't make you run down to the Columbian embassy and renounce because it causes too many issues. Columbia is one country that can require you to enter on a Columbian passport. I have a couple of individuals in my command that we manage their foreign passport just because of that rule...

Comment

Working...
              X