Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lazy eye and wanting to join the National Guard...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy eye and wanting to join the National Guard...

I have exotropia in my right eye, which basically means that my eye is "lazy". I wear glasses for this condition, because without them, my vision in that eye is very blurry. I predominately use my left eye to see when I am not wearing my glasses. Will my eye condition affect my ability to enlist?

Re: Lazy eye and wanting to join the National Guard...

Whereas Amblyopia is a 'lazy eye', Exotropia refers to eyes that turn outward. They are two different things.

Exotropia is a form of strabismus where the eyes are deviated outward. People with exotropia often experience crossed diplopia. If this is the case...

Ocular mobility and motility.

Current diplopia (386.2) is disqualifying.

MEPS would determine if it is at an acceptable degree of mobility or if a waiver would be permissable.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
      Whereas Amblyopia is a 'lazy eye', Exotropia refers to eyes that turn outward. They are two different things.

Exotropia is a form of strabismus where the eyes are deviated outward. People with exotropia often experience crossed diplopia. If this is the case...

Ocular mobility and motility.

Current diplopia (386.2) is disqualifying.

MEPS would determine if it is at an acceptable degree of mobility or if a waiver would be permissable.
      But wouldn't diplopia resulted in better peripheral vision which = better situational awareness?

Comment

Thank you for answering. I do not experience diplopia at all, even though I have exotropia.

Comment

In that case, as it is not specifically a disqualification, MEPS would make the determination.

Comment

Working...
          X