X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested with Questions

I am a 30 year old male interested in the National Guard. I have a couple concerns and was hoping for some assistance.

I have a little bit of a rough past. Took the fun of college beyond what it was intended for. I was charged but never convicted and these charges don't currently show up in a background check for employment. I have heard it is different for military service though. Since being 18 I have been charged with a MIP, Mutual Combat, DUI, and Possession of Marijuana. For each I was given the opportunity of a deferred prosecution in which I completed all necessary needs in order to not be convicted. Thankfully, I have changed my ways, and it has been over 5 years since any charge and get my kicks through mountain biking and triathlons instead. With a military background check I assume these charges will still show up? In addition, while the DUI and Possession were not a felony at the state level, I heard they may be seen as a felony through the military? Would they still go into consideration of joining even if I was never convicted?

If the above would still allow me to join, I have one other concern. I got into a mountain biking accident 8 months ago where I severed the ligaments in my left wrist. I had surgery on the wrist and currently have about 90% use of my wrist. At this time, it is very difficult to put my arm and wrist into a proper push-up form without severe pain and days worth of soreness. I am able to complete push-ups while on my knuckles though. Would this type of physical impairment keep me from joining?

Thank you very much to any of you that answer my concerns. I appreciate your time.

Jared

Re: Interested with Questions

For each I was given the opportunity of a deferred prosecution in which I completed all necessary needs in order to not be convicted.
    You may want to check with a recrutier but from my understanding, the Army views a defferment the same as being found guilty.

Comment

Working...
    X