X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCS or Enlisted route

I'm hoping to get some input from a recruiter or others with some knowledge on this. I'm 27 hold a Bachelors and working on my Masters, will be graduating in 2015. Thereafter i want to shoot either of OCS and if not accepted go in as enlisted and work my way up. My issue is, i have 2 Misdemeanor theft charges on my record from 6 years ago. One i plead guilty and the other is dismissed and will be expunged promptly. Question is, am i qualified for either route or will recruiters simply give me the boot?

Re: OCS or Enlisted route

You're probably good to go but the Recruiter will need to see the final disposition on all charges, even if they were/are expunged. They will still show up on the FBI check and there will need to be some explaining to do.

If you're asking if you should go OCS or Enlisted, I always recommend Enlisted but that's just my personal opinion. Look into the different OCS routes if that's what you choose to do. State OCS is VERY long and tough. The accelerated program might be better suited to someone trying to knock out their Masters.

Best of luck!!

Comment

Working...
    X