X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moral waivers...

Was wondering if they will be giving any moral waivers anytime soon I've passed by asvab an physical when they were reviewing my sf 86 I had a possesion charge that was a non pross from 13 years ago they denied me because I took an advocate program I never pled quilty I was referd to a program I was 18 couldn't afford a lawyer so I took program an they would dismiss it now 13 years later its giving me trouble for the guard I'm 33 I want go infantry don't want bonus don't want collage money I'm squared away I Crossfit 5 days a week go on weekly 6 to 8 mile road marches with issued molle pack I run 3 miles 3 times a week an been shooting for 7 years in a local tactical school which holds student training night weekly I'm on top of my physica l training I have a good job I just messed up 13 years ago all I want is to join the guard an go INFANTRY !! Please can someone help thank u !

Re: Moral waivers...

Does your keyboard possess any periods?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
      Does your keyboard possess any periods?
      Sorry about that just asking for some help on the issue...

Comment

This forum only can provide advice; not change the outcome of an application. A recruiter will chime in on your post to see if you have any recourse from your application denial.

Comment

Thank you sir.. Was an hour away from swearing in at meps an got hit with this... Very frustrating ..

Comment

Sometimes you have to go to meps and be DQ'd before you can get a waiver. If it was a fatal flaw your recruiter probably would not have sent you to meps. Hang tight with your recruiter.

Comment

If you weren't convicted of a possession charge, it sounds like a Suitability Review which typically has a quick turnaround once your Recruiter submits all required doc's.

My question, if your Recruiter knew you had the charge, which I'm assuming he/she did, why didn't they submit the Suitability Review prior to you going to MEPS? Did you disclose the charge prior to MEPS or bring it up on the floor at MEPS?

Comment

I was told I did not need a sudiabilty because on my final disposition I was a non pross.. It was after my physical at meps they requested my court docks an in the notes it stated I went to a program .... An that's when they denied me. It's very frustrating I passed everything I lost 40 pounds an trained very hard on this journey only to get denied an hour from swearing in... For something that happen 13 yrs ago my lawyer wrote them a letter stating I never pled guilty an the I never took a plea I was referd to a program . At that time I did not have a lawyer I was 18 did not want to involve anyone it was my responsibility.. The judge referd a program an everything would be dismissed. So as a young 18 yr old I thought that would be ok... Guess not

Comment

Unfortunately, your criminal past doesn't go away with time. From the sounds of this situation, MEPS considers the plea deal as a conviction and only a suitability review will determine if you're eligible.

Fortunately you've got a Recruiter that's willing to do the work to find out if you can enlist. Be patient, you have some time before you're 35. Suitability Reviews typically have a decent turn around time.

Best of luck!!

Comment

Thank u for your time ...I know the guy at meps spoke with someone up in Virginia in national guard Beuru an he said that I basicly took a plea ... I will speak with my recruiter about the suitability review... In the mean time I will keep training thanks again !!

Comment

Working...
                    X