X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meps

So, I took my asvab and now only need to take the physical portion of meps .. I was wondering how does that work ? do I take the physical then talk to a liaison counselor about jobs then swear in

Re: meps

You hit the nail on the head. It doesn't always happen in the same day, but that's typically how it goes. You'll do the physical first thing in the morning, then sit and wait forever to talk to the liaison counselor who will discuss jobs, etc. It will be a long day so just be ready to be bored.

Comment

Basically...yes.

You will show up to meps and go through the screening process. If you pass all of that then you talk with your liason who will go over all of the jobs that are available to you based on your ASVAB score. Then you choose one and start signing papers. Once that is done, you then go and officially swear in.

If there is a gap between taking the ASVAB and MEPS then you can talk with your recruiter and find out how you did and the jobs that are available. Depending on what you want (like a bonus or certain start dates..etc) then that will help decide your options. It is best, if at all possible, to go to MEPS knowing what job you want. That isn't a split second decision that you want to make. Take the time to research your options. Then at MEPS when you get to the Liason you already know what you want and that will make that portion quicker.

Comment

Go over your options & ship date ahead of time prior to your physical. It can be a long process which means you may end up being the last group to swear in. This means the liason will rush you through the process & more than likely not provide you with all available options for either MOS or ship date.

Don't be one of the many frustrated horror stories that has a bad experience with your contract.
        Last edited by bai78; July 11th, 2013, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Thank you guys so much .. I just came from my recruiter office but the jobs available are nothing that I would want to do

Comment

What type of field would you like to be in? How did you do on the ASVAB? Your AFQT, GT & ST score? How far would you be willing to travel for a job that you'd like?

There's a ton of experience on this forum that can provide insight on particular MOS's that you may not be aware of. Help us help you!

Comment

Working...
            X