Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical history

Hi everyone,

I started training a few weeks ago and preparing for the ASVAB as well. I've been reading a lot about all the requirements, process, MEPS, etc......and my question is about the medical history.
    I come from Spain, and believe it or not, in our "medical culture" there's not such a thing. If you have had a regular family doctor, a private one, then you could have that kind of documents, but just if you went private. We have a public health service, and until a few years ago, they didn't start to introduce all the histories in the computer.
    If you see my birth certificate ( I was born in 1982 ), it looks from the civil war.

My question is, if at some point I finally go through MEPS and they ask me about my medical history, and I answer what I just explained up here, what could it happen? would that suppose a no-go or something?

Thanks for your help guys.

Re: Medical history

Originally posted by Javichu View Post
    Hi everyone,

I started training a few weeks ago and preparing for the ASVAB as well. I've been reading a lot about all the requirements, process, MEPS, etc......and my question is about the medical history.
    I come from Spain, and believe it or not, in our "medical culture" there's not such a thing. If you have had a regular family doctor, a private one, then you could have that kind of documents, but just if you went private. We have a public health service, and until a few years ago, they didn't start to introduce all the histories in the computer.
    If you see my birth certificate ( I was born in 1982 ), it looks from the civil war.

My question is, if at some point I finally go through MEPS and they ask me about my medical history, and I answer what I just explained up here, what could it happen? would that suppose a no-go or something?

Thanks for your help guys.
    All they can do is ask. You choose what to tell them. I don't think you'll have a problem.

Comment

Working...
    X