X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EyeSight

Hey my name Is William and I just recently got declined for joining the NG because of my eyesight. The problem is I wear glasses and I want to know why do you all make people do their eye test without their glasses I think that it is a very dumb idea to make people do that. I mean I wear glasses for a reason no crap im going to fail the eye test if I do not wear my glasses common sense.
    Does this mean I cant join any branch in the Military??
    Last edited by Vaughn III; July 4th, 2013, 11:38 PM.

Re: EyeSight

Originally posted by Vaughn III View Post
    Hey my name Is William and I just recently got declined for joining the NG because of my eyesight. The problem is I wear glasses and I want to know why do you all make people do their eye test without their glasses I think that it is a very dumb idea to make people do that. I mean I wear glasses for a reason no crap im going to fail the eye test if I do not wear my glasses common sense.
    Does this mean I cant join any branch in the Military??
    The entrance standards are the same across branches, although waiver criteria may differ. They make you take the test without glasses, because although you do not need to have 20/20 vision to join, there is still a minimum acceptable range for uncorrected vision (in other words without glasses).

To give an extreme example why, if you are behind enemy lines and break your glasses but cannot see the hand in front of your face....then what.

Comment

Re: EyeSight

If you eyes are really that bad, you may want to look into LASIK/PRK or the like just for your own personal benefit....

Realitycheck makes a point. Without your eye aids, you still have to be able to function in a combat environment.

Comment

Working...
      X