Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I still Enlist? Officership maybe? (First Offense Marijuana Possession)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I still Enlist? Officership maybe? (First Offense Marijuana Possession)

Hi all, this is my first time posting. Recently, I was charged with possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. I was not fingerprinted and it was a citation. I was able to reduce it to a littering charge.

When I went to talk to the recruiter I had told him I was charged with this but was able to reduce the charges. He told me I would not be eligible because I would not get security clearance. However, I did not mention that I was never fingerprinted. Will I still be able to enlist and possibly become an officer? This has been a long time dream of mine and I regret the stupid decision I made.

Once again there was no conviction and my fingerprints were not taken.

Re: Can I still Enlist? Officership maybe? (First Offense Marijuana Possession)

Originally posted by Mordecai22 View Post
    Hi all, this is my first time posting. Recently, I was charged with possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. I was not fingerprinted and it was a citation. I was able to reduce it to a littering charge.

When I went to talk to the recruiter I had told him I was charged with this but was able to reduce the charges. He told me I would not be eligible because I would not get security clearance. However, I did not mention that I was never fingerprinted. Will I still be able to enlist and possibly become an officer? This has been a long time dream of mine and I regret the stupid decision I made.

Once again there was no conviction and my fingerprints were not taken.
    It drives me nuts when recruiters act as security clearance experts. If this is your only negative issue in life it would be far from affecting a clearance. However there are different standards for enlistment, clearances, and officers. While you should be able to enlist because it is a conviction for littering and not dope, and should be able to get a clearance (again other issues dependent) you most likely would still need a moral waiver to become an officer, which may or may not be approved.

Comment

Working...
    X