X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok can I enlist??

Ok I had a drug charge 6 years ago and was never convicted or faced a judge and got it expunged 6 years ago and I know it can still show up in fbi files my counselor said i can still join military. I talked to few recruiters they said I can still join. So can I still enlist?? I need legit answers not some made up stuff plz thanks

Re: Ok can I enlist??

Why would a non conviction need to be expunged? FBI Files? What kind of drug arrest was this that the FBI would have a "file" about it? Yes, if you have no criminal conviction record (including nolo contendre ect) you would be eligible to enlist.

Comment

if he was finger printer as a juvenile it will show up. i know this because i was in custody of juvenile hall twice an it came back on the fbi back ground.

Comment

I'm always amazed at how clueless applicants are when it comes to legal issues. If you were convicted, regardless if it was sealed, expunged, etc it will show up IF you were fingerprinted. My guess is you don't recall if you were fingerprinted which creates a problem.

What was the charge and how old were you? I would advise you to trust the Recruiters over your counselor.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
          No where in this post does it say anything about juvenile arrests. He is talking about expungement.
          My bad I didn't read it correctly. Hopefully OP can get finger printed and let us know the result .

Comment

Originally posted by vkounhavong View Post
            My bad I didn't read it correctly. Hopefully OP can get finger printed and let us know the result .
            I did a fingerprint background check recently by the state police and it came out clean.

Comment

wow that's crazy. i wish i should've expunged my juvenile records now. good luck bro. you should go in and talk to a recruiter

Comment

If you ever had your fingerprints taking you will get a positive FBI match when they check......just saying.

Comment

They said its ran through fbi database and national database and my finger prints came out clean

Comment

Originally posted by Fire View Post
                    They said its ran through fbi database and national database and my finger prints came out clean
                    Hey I wanted to know if they ever found your charges at meps I'm going through the same thing help please

Comment

Working...
                    X