X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waiver eligibility for migraines

In high school three years ago I had gotten a few migraines and went to the doctor one time for it. they prescribed me medication to use at the onset of any headache and I rarely use it and haven't gotten a migraine in three years, but its technically on my medical records. active duty said that was an automatic disqualification and wouldn't take mw. is there any way to get a waiver through the national guard for this? I have never had a headache bad enough to where it has debilitated me from doing tasks and again, haven't gotten a migraine in three years

Re: waiver eligibility for migraines

Originally posted by alliegirl3011 View Post
    In high school three years ago I had gotten a few migraines and went to the doctor one time for it. they prescribed me medication to use at the onset of any headache and I rarely use it and haven't gotten a migraine in three years, but its technically on my medical records. active duty said that was an automatic disqualification and wouldn't take mw. is there any way to get a waiver through the national guard for this? I have never had a headache bad enough to where it has debilitated me from doing tasks and again, haven't gotten a migraine in three years
    When it comes to medical records, they only know what you tell them.

Comment

well the recruiters told me not to tell them about the headaches so when I went to meps I didn't say anything about it but I did say that I had visited a doctor last year and they asked for the records of that visit and in the records it mentions the migraines. so I was wondering how eligible for a waiver iam

Comment

well the recruiters told me not to tell them about the headaches so when I went to meps I didn't say anything about it but I did say that I had visited a doctor last year and they asked for the records of that visit and in the records it mentions the migraines. so I was wondering how eligible for a waiver iam
        Well I (and your recruiter) are wondering why you didn't listen to your recruiter. Now you have opened a can of worns you can't close

Comment

So that means you still have the problem. What are you going to do at BCT/AIT when you no longer have the medication? Your recruiter was wrong for telling you to lie.

Comment

your right and that was my mistake for telling them about the doctor visit but I wasn't told how to answer the question and at the time didn't think about. and I haven't used the medication in years so I will be fine I rarely get headaches now and when I do over the counter meds work fine

Comment

your right and that was my mistake for telling them about the doctor visit but I wasn't told how to answer the question and at the time didn't think about. and I haven't used the medication in years so I will be fine I rarely get headaches now and when I do over the counter meds work fine
              You are not allowed OTC meds during basic training either (unless prescribed/given at Sick Call). If you suffer from migraines, even occassionally, you will be miserable at BCT. You don't get to take the day off of training because you have a headache.

Good Luck.

Comment

alligirl3011

The below statement is right from the manual. AR 40501 14 December 2007/RAR 23 August 2010 Chapter 2-26 (e)

History of recurrent headaches (784.0), including, but not limited to, migraines and tension headaches that interfere with normal function in the past 3 years, or of such severity to require prescription medications, do not meet the standard.

This will require a MedRead, which means the MEPS doctors will want to see all your medical records from the time of the original diagnosis forward to present. If at anytime in the last three years you have been rediagnosed with migraines or been precribed medication, it is will be impossible to convince MEPS that you no longer suffer from migraine attacks. However if there is no further diagnosis or precsriptions then you should be good to go.

I agree wholeheartedly with the good Captain. Never lie! The medical regulations are there for your protection as well as the good of the service. That being said, how do you join an organization that prides itself on the principles of Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selflessness, Honor, Integrity and Personal Courage (LDRSHIP) but lie in order to do so. Good luck, let me know if you want the name of a National Guard recruiter in your area. Regards SFC Kempf

Comment

Working...
                X