X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asvab tomorrow....Please help

ok so 2morrow i take the asvab. i'va taken it before and scored over a 50 but i didnt get high on my specialties for the job i wanted. im shootin now toward carpentry, firefighter, or radiology/nursing. I would like to be stationed in the virgin islands or puerto rico also but as long as i can get in im fine. I just would like to ask if anyone can help by giving tips on how to practice for the specialties so i can score higher? and what are some of the best jobs in the guard? also any other information you can give would be helpful. thank you.

Re: Asvab tomorrow....Please help

I doubt there is much you can do now since you are taking the test again tomorrow, but the online practice exams were helpful to me. There are some short tests and some full length. There are also books available to purchase to help with studying, although I don't know if you have time for that.

Practice exams:
    http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/asvab

Comment

Your questions are a bit objective but that's fine. Different people have different opinions. I scored a 76 on my asvab. It really isn't so much a test you can study for in a short period of time. In my opinion, the best jobs in the army don't require high scores. The combat arms mos' are relatively lower as far as the score. They're much easier to get. Your interests seem a bit random as far as what you would like to do. Check out combat engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardSoonCome View Post
        ok so 2morrow i take the asvab. i'va taken it before and scored over a 50 but i didnt get high on my specialties for the job i wanted. im shootin now toward carpentry, firefighter, or radiology/nursing. I would like to be stationed in the virgin islands or puerto rico also but as long as i can get in im fine. I just would like to ask if anyone can help by giving tips on how to practice for the specialties so i can score higher? and what are some of the best jobs in the guard? also any other information you can give would be helpful. thank you.
        I think you are confused with Active Duty Army meaning it is your job 'all the time'. In the National Guard you will drill (one weekend a month) in the State in which you live/enlist.

Comment

GuardSoonCome,

Good luck tomorrow, Revdeck gave sound advice, follow those instructions and you can't go wrong.

Comment

Choose C

Comment

Working...
            X