Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Current Civilian Police Officer in Ohio Needs Help...

Originally posted by STPDK9 View Post
    After speaking with my recruiter today, I learned that they received a response from the NGB. They say that my waiver packet has not been worked, because they need "further documentation". However, my recruiter has no idea what additional documentation they need/want.

Is there any recruiters on here that have experienced similar issues? I completely realize that I made a mistake as a juvenile. I don't know where else to turn for advice.
    Which means, "nobody ever submitted it in the first place". I would find a new recruiter and start from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by STPDK9 View Post
      After speaking with my recruiter today, I learned that they received a response from the NGB. They say that my waiver packet has not been worked, because they need "further documentation". However, my recruiter has no idea what additional documentation they need/want.

Is there any recruiters on here that have experienced similar issues? I completely realize that I made a mistake as a juvenile. I don't know where else to turn for advice.
      Which means, "nobody ever submitted it in the first place". I would find a new recruiter and start from scratch.

Comment

Chief,

Had I not received a letter from the NGB, through my Congressman's office, I would agree with you 100%! After reviewing AR 601-210, it seems that a copy of the "Medical Evaluation Board Proceedings" is one of the required documents for a medical waiver. However, line 23 on my NGB 22 reads "AFI 36-3209 PARA 3.15.2 Entry Level Sep. In Lieu Of Med Eval. Brd. SPD: JFC".

If I didn't go in front of a eval board, how can I produce that documentation?

Comment

Well...

After speaking with my most recent recruiter, he informed me that my entire packet will need to be resubmitted due to the amount of time that has elapsed. That was almost 2 weeks ago. Now, I can't get in contact with him. Are there any Ohio recruiters on here that I can get in contact with? I'm near Dayton, but will travel anywhere to get this taken care of. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

After being handed off to my 8th recruiter in 4 years, I am again completing a packet. Next week, I will be going to MEPS for the third time in four years. The waiver packet needed to be resubmitted due to all of the paperwork being outdated. I'm overly frustrated with how this process has been going. Hopefully everything goes well this time!

Comment

Good Luck! currently I am having a battle of my own to enlist!!!

Comment

Here's the latest...in August, I went to MEPS for the third time in four years. Since then, I have once again been informed that my waiver will "not be reviewed without new medical documentation". Therefore, I once again had a psych test at my own expense, and had my family doctor write a letter stating that I have no medical issues (past or present). My congressman's office has been in contact with the NGB and state level RRB. I have still not received a clear answer as to what constitutes acceptable "new medical documentation". In April of 2014, it will be 5 years since I began trying to get back in. To anyone that has been discouraged, simply because they're having a hard time getting in...don't give up! Persistence and determination have been my driving force for this journey. I know that I made a mistake as a child, but I am determined to right my wrong and be an example to my kids that hard work and determination will pay off. This time, I'm very confident that I will be able to say that "I did it", with in a few months. Once again, don't give up on your dreams! Stay safe!

Comment

Working...
                X