X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• educational requirements

I have a GED and over 15 credits of college courses. Will I be able to enlist?

Re: educational requirements

Do you meet the educational requirements to enlist, yes. There's much more qualifying information we would need to know to ensure you're able to join.

Can you pass the ASVAB, a 31 or higher is required.

Do you have ANY type of medical issues such as allergies, do you now or have you ever had asthma, been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, currently on any medications, been hospitalized for any reason, any broken bones or surgeries that have required pins, plates or screws to name a few of the multiple medical questions.

What's the worst criminal issues you have ever encountered? Have you ever been charged, arrested, detained, fingerprinted, in front of a judge to include any charges where you were told the charge would be sealed or expunged and you didn't need to reveal them?

Are you married or have any dependents?

What is your Height & Weight?

Typically, only about 15-20% of everyone between the ages of 17-21 can qualify for the military and of those, less then .5% actually serve.

I wish you nothing but the best of luck if you want to serve.

Comment

Originally posted by nvhopeful View Post
      I have a GED and over 15 credits of college courses. Will I be able to enlist?
      Got to pass the ASVAB first!

Comment

Be sure to get a good AFQT score. If I'm not correct there a threshold for GED applicants of ... not less than 50 I think. Anyways, you should easily overcome this score with determined study efforts by the help of an ASVAB study guide (get one WITH CD practice testware). I recommend a trip to your local bookseller, find an ASVAB study guide (I've always preferred REA study guide, I've taken 11 CLEP exams and an ASVAB with their material, got me a 98 AFQT and 45 matriculated college credit hours... so you know they work =D). Study and get a 50+ and I'm sure you'll most likely have no issues with joining.

Comment

I have a uncle that will drive me to drill, can I enlist? Really................contact a recruiter!

Comment

Working...
          X