X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Regarding more than likely DQ

When I was 8 I had heart surgery done to fix aortic stenosis, then when I was 16 to fix pulmonary stenosis.
    I just went to my cardiologist. He said my heart functions fine now. I'm guessing I'm an auto DQ. I was just wondering if there was anyway I could enlist.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by GrindCell; May 29th, 2013, 11:31 PM.

Re: Question: Regarding more than likely DQ

Anyone know if there is a way to still get in with this?

Comment

Re: Question: Regarding more than likely DQ

You might as well just call a local recruiter and get their input. They will probably be pretty upfront if its non-waivable (is that a word?) because if they lead you on it would only cause more work and wasted time for them. It may come to finding a recruiter willing to try to get a waiver for you. But to quote something I've heard fairly often is, is it something that can flare up again? You would be doing your fellow soldiers a greater disservice by joining and having something come up in a critical moment, causing damage to yourself, and possibly them.

Now that may seem over the top, but it's a question you really have to ask yourself, I would think. "Is what I am trying to do going to outweigh the risk to myself and others?"

Comment

Working...
      X