X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to receive an MIP ticket

Just got blew a .01 at a party after having one beer,the officers let me drive home, but told me I'd get a call tomorrow to come pick up a ticket. I went through MEPS last week so what does this mean for me now? I've notified my recruiters already.

I know it was a stupid decision so please just answer my question

Re: Going to receive an MIP ticket

FYI, the OP is 18 years of age so I would assume the ticket would for underage drinking.

Comment

Yeah, I am 18, they didn't tell me what the violation was, just that I would receive a call about my ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon712 View Post
        Yeah, I am 18, they didn't tell me what the violation was, just that I would receive a call about my ticket.
        Hmmm, you know the legal drinking age is 21? So, it be safe to assume that it was for UNDERAGE drinking.

Comment

I know I'm going to get a ticket for underage drinking/possession of alcohol, I meant how will this affect me in the guard?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon712 View Post
            I know I'm going to get a ticket for underage drinking/possession of alcohol, I meant how will this affect me in the guard?
            Only convictions matter. High likelihood they toss this type of minor offense in court. Unless you have other issues I think you will be fine. Until it is disposed of you wont be able to ship.

Also, don't ever blow into an officers breathalyzer unless at a police station, or at a check point with on site processing.

Comment

Yeah I've never had trouble with the law before, I just really don't want this to come back and bite me in the ass and prevent me from serving. Thanks all for your replies, Happy Memorial Day!

Comment

Working...
              X