X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Joining?

I've decided to go into the National Guard but I was wondering about the split option? If I take the ASVAB at the beginning of June, when is the earliest that I'd take the APFT? Then when is the earliest that I can do Basic Training? My university freshman classes start August 27th (as well as a College Camp July 7-9) so I'd really like to be back by then. Then I can do the AIT next year?

Or, if the split-option doesn't work because of that time, can I do both the Basic Training and AIT at the very beginning of next summer and make it by the time my sophomore year starts? Or is it impossible?

By the way, I graduate on May 31 and have not taken by ASVAB yet.

Re: Question About Joining?

We've been informed the Split Option for this summer is now closed. You can enlist in late June, early July and ship out the following summer either doing Split Option or straight ticket (BCT & AIT).

Contact a Recruiter to set up your ASVAB and possibly your physical so you can be ready to enlist when that window opens.

Comment

Re: Question About Joining?

Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
      We've been informed the Split Option for this summer is now closed. You can enlist in late June, early July and ship out the following summer either doing Split Option or straight ticket (BCT & AIT).

Contact a Recruiter to set up your ASVAB and possibly your physical so you can be ready to enlist when that window opens.
      +1. When I did split-op in the summer of 1983, I enlisted in January of 1983.

Comment

Working...
      X