X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum + question about Juvenile records causing DQ

Hi guys . Currently right now I’m in mid way of enlistment . I've completed my online packets and also pass my ASVAB with a scored of 49.
    I don’t have a HS diploma, but I have a G.E.D

I have a few juvenile records.
    2 misdemeanor and 2 driving without a Driver License. Also for the same misdemeanor case . Failure to appear.
    Last edited by vkounhavong; May 27th, 2013, 03:31 PM.

Re: New to forum + question about Juvenile records causing DQ

Originally posted by vkounhavong View Post
    Hi guys . currently right now im in mid way of enlisting. i've completed my online packets. also i've pass my asvab. Scored a 49 and i have a Ged.

im 24 right now. but i had a rought juvenile records. 2 misterminor and 2 driving without a License. ive got that information from the probation officer back in california.......

since 2008 i have i got 7 tickets

2 of them were the same ticket. one was bail forteited, and one was dismiss

one was pled guilty

another was pled guilty

another one was bail forfeited

2 was in collection.

no current bench warrant for me.

im very scared that i might be disqualify
    . ive been trying to get in the guard since 2011
    my asvab score was 1st time 14, 2nd 21, 3rd 26, 4th 20, and now 49

im enlisting in 11C indirect fire infantryman
    i dont care about the benefit or what so ever. i just want to serve my country. and hopefully get deployed.

any experience recuiter on here give me some advice i will appreciated. sorry for the spelling. as i am not smart. and i speak fob english.
    Although you will need a waiver for the tickets misdemeanors are a non-issue. Now, as to whether or not you will get a waiver (draw down issues etc.) is something different. Even though the "Big Army" may drop the hammer down on certain regulations I've heard of people slipping through the cracks here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by vkounhavong View Post
      any experience recuiter on here give me some advice i will appreciated. sorry for the spelling. as i am not smart. and i speak fob english.
      At least he's honest. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike2K View Post
        At least he's honest. Best of luck to you.

That's no excuse, Chief. If he has access to a computer built in this century, then he has access to Word, which means he can copy, paste, spellcheck, then repeat steps 1 and 2.

Comment

You'll be needing a waiver or two are they are hard to get right now...

Good luck OP.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
            That's no excuse, Chief. If he has access to a computer built in this century, then he has access to Word, which means he can copy, paste, spellcheck, then repeat steps 1 and 2.
            thanks for the advice. i will try to remember that. and as my grammar. it is not good as well.

I just reedited my post.
            Last edited by vkounhavong; May 24th, 2013, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post
              You'll be needing a waiver or two are they are hard to get right now...

Good luck OP.
              thank you very much. hopefully i will be able to get those waiver's. the recruiter im working with now, didnt want to work with me in the pass because i failed the asvab 4 times. i took his advice and found a tutor that help me refresh my math and english. hopefully it shows my determination to join!

no FLNG didnt want to project me. so i had to go to a regular army recruiter and they gave me a chance. even tho i was shy from 1 point. i thought ill try this recruiter again. he seem happy that i pass the asvab. but im not sure if he's happy with the stuff i have........ currently i have to wait for my previous california recruiter to get my juvenile records and then he will send it to the recruiter im working with now.
              Last edited by vkounhavong; May 24th, 2013, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X