X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about joining.

Good afternoon i was wondering more about joining the guard.

I was discharged from the Marine Corps on jan 29 { im turning 20} i got an entry level separation after 4 months . i had a reactive air way disease so they separated me. to go back in the service i would need a wavier but i was wondering if that would get approved. i want to go into the Mps , i know alot of people hate them but it would give me alot of experience into the law enforcement feild. I requested more info from a recuriter but i also wanted to get info here from the forums. in the Corps i had an Intel MOS so my asvab scores would be good for the MPS. Do i have to go through the how meps cycle again?. i know i have to go through Army boot because i didnt graduate Marine Corps boot but any answers would be greatly appreciated.
    i hear i have to wait 6 months before i can re-enlist . but can i still do everything else { the process}?
    any opinions from other MPS

Laureano

Re: Thinking about joining.

Couple of things OP.

1st, work on your writing skills. It will help you greatly in any MOS field, life in general and will also save you some punishment on these forums.

2nd, we'll need to know the RE code, Separation Narrative and Separation Code off of your DD-214 before anyone can give you a meaningful answer. Otherwise, posters are going to give you a SWAG.

As for MEPS, yes, you are going to have to go through that whole process again, especially if you were indeed given a medical ELS.

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply.

My separation code is JFV1
      RE code RE-3P
      And the separation narrative is " Condition not a disability".

Darn I really hate meps in NYC they take for ever. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Well, that's all kinds of odd.....

RE-3P- Physical disability (includes discharge and transfer to TDRL). Obesity. Motion sickness. Disqualified for officer candidate training.

JFV1 - Discharge because of a physical condition which is not disabling. involuntary, USMC

We have NYGuardRecruiter who should be lurking on here somewhere. He'd be the one to give you a definite answer, but I foresee some paperwork from the USMC that will be needed..

Comment

Yea it's odd. you can say that again.
          Thanks I will wait for him to come around.

Comment

Physical Condition (includes: "Physical Condition not a Disability") requires a 12 month wait. You will also need your entire discharge packet, not just the DD214. We need to prove that the condition no longer exists.

You will be required to process through MEPS again, no ASVAB if it's within 24 months. You will be required to complete BCT (not boot camp).

Is a waiver possible? Of course! You're going to do most of the leg work in providing all the documents needed.

Best of luck!!

Comment

It does not exist anymore, i feel perfectly fine, though i contacted the Air national guard and they told me that i was given bad RE codes { typical} for the Marine Corps. they said i should fill out a DD293. but why a 12 month wait?

L.C

Comment

There is a required 12 month waiting period because that's what the regulation states. I can't or wouldn't even try to tell you why.

It's very typical for the USMC to give out RE-3's for just about anything.

Comment

Working...
                X