X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psychology

Im considering on joining the National Guard right after i graduate High School (two weeks to be exact) and im curious on the topic "psychology" if theres anything i can get into that revolves around that topic. Im also very curious on the fitness part of it. I'd like to know more about the benifits as well involving those topics. Id like to become a bit more educated on the topics as well. So please inform me on any information that might be useful

Re: psychology

About the only MOS that would pertain to this is 68X or the 73B. Take a look at this LINK and this LINK. They will give you a good overview of what it does, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post
      About the only MOS that would pertain to this is 68X or the 73B. Take a look at this LINK and this LINK. They will give you a good overview of what it does, etc.
      Those are very small career fields, you may not find a vacancy. I strongly recommend developing at least two more choices of MOS.

Comment

You're going to need at least a doctorate before you can get a "real" psychology job in the army. Pretty much the same as it is in the civilian sector. Be wary of psych degrees. It's one of those degrees that can be amazing, but only if you take it up to the appropriate level (i.e. doctorate). Anything less than that and you may find yourself having spent a ton on a degree to end up waiting tables.

Comment

If you plan on doing this while going to college, you might find the correlation helpful... but like the LTC said, they're very small fields. You may want to look into the Reserves as well for those fields.

Comment

Working...
          X