X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it too late to join

I am a 34 year old female and have always wanted to serve my country and I was going to right after high school but I got married and had kids. My kids are now teenagers and getting ready to head out on their own. So I am wondering if it's too late to join because of my age. I'm 5'6" and weight 128lbs but I fear I'm not in shape for the basic training. Any tips on getting ready for it?

Re: Is it too late to join

You must enlist before you turn 35. Crunch time!

Comment

Run to the recruiters office..!

Comment

I thought the max was 42 myself... at any rate a good ASVAB may get you an age waiver. Start a dedicated exercise regimen to reduce your weight, check out http://army.com/info/apft/heightweig...odyfat#females for more info but I think you can be 158lbs. before they consider you overweight so you may be well within 'healthy' range =D

Comment

Originally posted by vfarine View Post
          I am a 34 year old female and have always wanted to serve my country and I was going to right after high school but I got married and had kids. My kids are now teenagers and getting ready to head out on their own. So I am wondering if it's too late to join because of my age. I'm 5'6" and weight 128lbs but I fear I'm not in shape for the basic training. Any tips on getting ready for it?
          Ship quickly if you qualify.

Comment

Working...
          X