Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are my chances of getting into the National Guard?

I was in the Army back in 2012. About halfway through basic training, they booted me for ADHD, so that left me with an RE-3, Code JFW. Only problem is, i already had a waiver for ADHD to get in in the first place, as well as two waivers for my ear (Tympanoplasty and something else, i forgot) but anyways, I initially got my waiver for ADHD because I was off the medication for a year and demonstrated good academic performance,and I got the two ear waivers because everything is healed and I can hear fine. What are my chances of getting the RE-3 waived since I have proof that everything is fine, and shouldn’t have been kicked out in the first place because I had the waivers? if it makes a difference, i’m working with a National Guard recruiter. He said my chances are around 50/50, he would bet on it, but I also want other peoples opinions

Re: What are my chances of getting into the National Guard?

I am amazed that they let you in with ADHD in the first place. 90 percent of the time even a mild case of ADD is the kiss of death for potential recruits. i'm confused as to why you were kicked out for something you had a waiver for unless it was directly affecting military service.

Comment

Looks like they made a mistake on approving you in the first place. And if you had issues making it the first time; what makes you think you can pass basic now?

Comment

Well that's the thing, I was doing fine in basic. I was in the middle of white phase, a day before M16 qualification. I had went to sick call because I had a really bad cough that was keeping my battle buddies up all night, and I all i wanted was cough drops, but they pulled my records and booted me for the ADHD, saying i shouldn't have been there in the first place. I feel I was wrongly kicked out sine again, i was doing fine and the ADHD had minor effects on my performance.

Comment

Originally posted by AldrichDawgRules View Post
          Well that's the thing, I was doing fine in basic. I was in the middle of white phase, a day before M16 qualification. I had went to sick call because I had a really bad cough that was keeping my battle buddies up all night, and I all i wanted was cough drops, but they pulled my records and booted me for the ADHD, saying i shouldn't have been there in the first place. I feel I was wrongly kicked out sine again, i was doing fine and the ADHD had minor effects on my performance.
          Pulled records for a cough.......blow smoke somwhere else!

Comment

AIRBORNE, perhaps i worded that wrong. they didn't just pull my whole medical file from back home or anything, like that, because yes, that would be ridiculous for a just a cough. However, the fact that ADHD was in my packet was brought up during the questionaire the gave me in the doctor's office at sick call. Apparently I shouldn't have gotten in with it. Psych evaluation was scheduled, which i thought I did fine because it was questions like "have you ever had thoughts of suicide" no "Are you depressed" no, things like that, in which most of the answers were no. I was still recommended for seperation under Chapter 5-11 though, and told I could come back in, just had to wait 6 months and get a waiver, but I know that isn't always guaranteed and can be a hit and miss. My recruiter is willing to work with me though, which is of a course a plus.

Comment

JFW - Erroneous enlistment; Medical condition disqualifying for military service, with no medical waiver approved.

If you truly HAD a waiver for the ADHD, they probably would not have given you this separation code.

Comment

Originally posted by AldrichDawgRules View Post
                AIRBORNE, perhaps i worded that wrong. they didn't just pull my whole medical file from back home or anything, like that, because yes, that would be ridiculous for a just a cough. However, the fact that ADHD was in my packet was brought up during the questionaire the gave me in the doctor's office at sick call. Apparently I shouldn't have gotten in with it. Psych evaluation was scheduled, which i thought I did fine because it was questions like "have you ever had thoughts of suicide" no "Are you depressed" no, things like that, in which most of the answers were no. I was still recommended for seperation under Chapter 5-11 though, and told I could come back in, just had to wait 6 months and get a waiver, but I know that isn't always guaranteed and can be a hit and miss. My recruiter is willing to work with me though, which is of a course a plus.
                Clarify the boldfaced part please.
                Last edited by VICEROY06; May 17th, 2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X