• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Misdiagnosed with ADD / Never taken meds

Title it "MUST READ BEFORE POSTING OR GOING TO MEPS."

Comment

Originally posted by eqmcclure View Post
      As a potential future candidate, please don't ever say Roger and Wilco together again. You'll understand why soon enough.
      Thanks, I'm obviously green as can be haha. Lesson learned

Comment

Well, now its all just a waiting game.
        Got all the info needed for the waiver, just have to wait for it to be approved. Also have to wait till I can get in on an OCS 1on1 interview or Board.
        Patience is a virtue and I hear there is a lot of waiting in the Military, so better get used to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Headstrong View Post
          However I mentioned it because I am going for an officer position and I did not want to appear to be a liar or deceitful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
            What?

Don't they check your high school records if you go for a secret clearance?

Comment

What?

Don't they check your high school records if you go for a secret clearance?
              speaking in terms of medical records they only know what you tell them...period

Comment

Well in my high school records I had a t-iep so they would see that

Comment

Well in my high school records I had a t-iep so they would see that
                  Look dude....the cia is not going to examine you school records looking for health information. Also, clearance investigation amd meps and not the same. I hope it works out for you but the reality is you should not have disclose this information

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
                    + 464,372,975,6744,20934587234957489523409554656

Needs to be a permanent sticky.

Hell--that link needs to be configured to pop-up the second after someone creates a member account and tries to access the guard forums.
                    Military Dot Com is more entertaiment value then any accurate infomration.

When you arrive at the ship/command, you will be given interim secret by your CO
                    CO's don't give security clearances. CO's can't revoke security clearances.

The rest is just as inaccurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
                      Look dude....the cia is not going to examine you school records looking for health information. Also, clearance investigation amd meps and not the same. I hope it works out for you but the reality is you should not have disclose this information
                      Word.

Comment

Well now I just wait longer I suppose. At least I know that I told them the truth. I was told it isn't a "You are not going to join the military" its a "It is going to take longer for you to join the military". So, oh well. I lived and I learned. Thank you all for your time in responding to my thread. I will keep everyone posted on my progress. Just waiting on my Waiver and a date with the OCS board currently.

Comment

Just an update for the people who replied to this thread. Got approval today! Still very motivated and working out!

Hope everyone had a great and safe Fourth!
                          Last edited by Headstrong; July 8th, 2013, 12:16 AM.

Comment

That's awesome getting an approval on a Sunday of the long 4th of July weekend. You have people in your corner that are dedicated.

Comment

Got a waiver after telling the truth at MEPS. WOW I guess the system does work and false statements aren't needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                                That's awesome getting an approval on a Sunday of the long 4th of July weekend. You have people in your corner that are dedicated.
                                Very dedicated! I feel very lucky to have them on my side.

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
                                Got a waiver after telling the truth at MEPS. WOW I guess the system does work and false statements aren't needed.
                                I'm sure some people are floored that the system worked haha. I do have a high moral standard, and I was afraid it was going to bite me in the end, but it didn't!

Comment

Working...
                                X