X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIMS test?

I took the asvab on the 1st of the month and made a 51. Yay! Great i know, but now my recruiter says i need to take a test called the AIMS. He doesnt know what the test is like and if i fail the test i have to wait a whole year before i can take it again. I can't seem to find a straight answer online. Has anyone ever taken it? What type of questions are on it? i have to take the test on the 9th. I also have a G.E.D from NGYCP.

Re: AIMS test?

I have a GED and took the AIMS "test" a couple months ago. It really wasn't a big deal, but I was stressing about up until I sat down and took it. It's basically a personality test and there is no right or wrong answer. It seems like it's just looking for inconsistencies in your answers. There will be the same question over and over again, just worded different. Try to keep all your answers consistent. Unfortunately, there is no way to study for it. I know it's easier said then done, but try not to stress about it. If your young and you fail, you can retest eventually. If your an old fart like me and fail, see ya...no time to retest. My recruiter and the sergeants at MEPS told me that most people fail it and the test means nothing.

I wish you good luck and hope you make it!

Comment

Originally posted by alex70358 View Post
      I took the asvab on the 1st of the month and made a 51. Yay! Great i know, but now my recruiter says i need to take a test called the AIMS. He doesnt know what the test is like and if i fail the test i have to wait a whole year before i can take it again. I can't seem to find a straight answer online. Has anyone ever taken it? What type of questions are on it? i have to take the test on the 9th. I also have a G.E.D from NGYCP.
      AIMS is a personality style test. They try to look for inconsistent answers or examples of when you will lie. EX - Do you like chocolate ice-cream? Do you like non-vanilla ice-cream? How repulsive do you find ice-cream?

Get it?

Comment

Thanks guys your info really help. I passed the AIMS today and I'm good to go for enlistment.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
          X