Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can my record stop me from enlisting to the Guards?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can my record stop me from enlisting to the Guards?

    Hi guys, I need some help if you guys can let me know if I have any hope...
    Here is the run down: Please take the time to read carefully.

    When I was 19; I got paraphernalia ticket. This resulted in just paying off the ticket.

    When I was 20, early April 2011, I got a possession of marijuana under 2oz. This resulted in 6 months probation.

    Two weeks later on April 15, 2011. I got arrested for Manufacture of Controlled Substance and Possession of Marijuana under 4lb. Both are felonies. BOTH however were NEVER gone to court, Dismissed, NO convictions for either of the felonies. However it is on my arrest record.

    Iíve changed my life around since April 15, 2011. I have been clean since and no troubles. Since then I started school again and Iím about to be finish with my second year in college. Iím going be able to transfer to a university this fall of 2013 to get my bachelor in psychology. I maintain 3.4 GPA. I fully regret everyday doing what I did and I do take full responsibility. I want to join the service and live the military life after I complete my College. I wanted to go to the reserves first until finish college, then go active duty.

    Is this possible for me??

  • #2
    Re: Can my record stop me from enlisting to the Guards?

    Originally posted by Viet View Post
    Hi guys, I need some help if you guys can let me know if I have any hope...
    Here is the run down: Please take the time to read carefully.

    When I was 19; I got paraphernalia ticket. This resulted in just paying off the ticket.

    When I was 20, early April 2011, I got a possession of marijuana under 2oz. This resulted in 6 months probation.

    Two weeks later on April 15, 2011. I got arrested for Manufacture of Controlled Substance and Possession of Marijuana under 4lb. Both are felonies. BOTH however were NEVER gone to court, Dismissed, NO convictions for either of the felonies. However it is on my arrest record.

    I’ve changed my life around since April 15, 2011. I have been clean since and no troubles. Since then I started school again and I’m about to be finish with my second year in college. I’m going be able to transfer to a university this fall of 2013 to get my bachelor in psychology. I maintain 3.4 GPA. I fully regret everyday doing what I did and I do take full responsibility. I want to join the service and live the military life after I complete my College. I wanted to go to the reserves first until finish college, then go active duty.

    Is this possible for me??
    What type of conditions were placed on your felony dismissals? Community service, deferred prosecution? Or was it really dismissed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Can my record stop me from enlisting to the Guards?

      The thing is, it NEVER made it to court at all. It was shredded by the detective of the case because I was a confidential informant...

      I read the enlistment rules and it said if it was a conviction, in which I do not have convictions of either felonies. Both happen at the same time and both were dropped by the detective.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Can my record stop me from enlisting to the Guards?

        Originally posted by Viet View Post
        The thing is, it NEVER made it to court at all. It was shredded by the detective of the case because I was a confidential informant...

        I read the enlistment rules and it said if it was a conviction, in which I do not have convictions of either felonies. Both happen at the same time and both were dropped by the detective.
        Detectives don't drop charges...courts do. If there was any type of prejudice in the dismissal the army will view it as a conviction. In time, you might get a waiver for the minor stuff, but I am fairly certain anything drug related is suspended.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Can my record stop me from enlisting to the Guards?

          I got a possession of marijuana under 2oz.

          All waivers currently suspended. Until this is rescinded, you're out of luck.

          Please don't refer to the Army National Guard as "the Guards".

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Can my record stop me from enlisting to the Guards?

            Detectices in conjunction with the local prosecutor won't file the charges if the CI is working out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Can my record stop me from enlisting to the Guards?

              Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
              Detectices in conjunction with the local prosecutor won't file the charges if the CI is working out.
              Im not understand what you are saying?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Can my record stop me from enlisting to the Guards?

                Will I ever have a chance? Such as when 2004 when the military was taking people with felony drug charges. (so I've read).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Can my record stop me from enlisting to the Guards?

                  Those people were still through waivers and a tiny fraction of the overall recruits.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X