X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining the Guard, with some issues.

At 17, I joined the RA in 2007. I didn't finish OSUT, because I quit at about week 5. It was a terrible decision, and I've been trying to fix it for the past 5 years. So after much improving, physically and otherwise, I'm trying to get into the Guard. I live in Washington State, but I'm working with a recruiter just across the boarder in Idaho. It's my understanding that because I'm working with him, I'd be sent to his unit in Idaho, not to somewhere in Washington. However since I need a waiver to get in, and the Washington Guard is undermanned, would I have a better chance of getting in if I do all this in Washington?

Re: Joining the Guard, with some issues.

You may have a better shot in WA but it really depends on what type of discharge you received. Each State has it's own policies above and beyond the Army Regulation.

Why not contact a WA Recruiter too and see what they have to offer?

Comment

I did, but the recruiters here won't take me. It's part of their policy not to take JGA separations.

Comment

Originally posted by john_smith View Post
        I did, but the recruiters here won't take me. It's part of their policy not to take JGA separations.
        Well, try your luck with Idaho and if you are able to get back in; then attempt an inter-state transfer (IST) in the future.

Comment

Working...
        X