X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEPS

I went to meps in Springfield Tuesday. Got disqualified for vision. Excessive Refractive error. Anyone go through this? My recruiter says ill just need a waiver but could take up to two months...

Also does anyone know regulation on the vision, i am nearsighted and wear both glasses and contacts. and about getting elective surgery (a tummy tuck) my recruiter just said he'll need to find out he doesn't know much about it. Wanted to see if anyone does know? I tried to google the regulations but no luck finding anything.

Thank you!

Re: MEPS

Originally posted by Bctorres View Post
    I went to meps in Springfield Tuesday. Got disqualified for vision. Excessive Refractive error. Anyone go through this? My recruiter says ill just need a waiver but could take up to two months...

Also does anyone know regulation on the vision, i am nearsighted and wear both glasses and contacts. and about getting elective surgery (a tummy tuck) my recruiter just said he'll need to find out he doesn't know much about it. Wanted to see if anyone does know? I tried to google the regulations but no luck finding anything.

Thank you!
    ARMY REGULATION 40-501 Standards of Medical Fitness

Eyes • 4–11, page 42
    Vision • 4–12, page 43

Comment

Pretty much any kind of surgery is temporarily disqualifying, and the rule of thumb from MEPS and recruiters is you can't join until 6 months has passed from the surgery. It'll likely require a waiver too, so make sure to keep up with documentation.

Comment

Regardless of type of surgery it's always usually 6 months ? And thank you for regulation link very helpful.

Comment

Trust me.....if you make it to Basic Training, the Drill SGT will give you a tummy tuck for free!

Comment

Originally posted by AIRBORNE View Post
            Trust me.....if you make it to Basic Training, the Drill SGT will give you a tummy tuck for free!

Yanno? What the hell? When I saw that comment about the tummy tuck I couldn't even respond. I just lost it.

What the hell?

How about an acupuncture and a chemical peel during FTX? Geez.

Comment

He will also act as your Life Coach......I encourage you to ask questions!

Comment

You guys have been a great help thanks. Too bad you can't delete posts. Useless to even ask a question. Neither know anything about my situation or the surgery.

Comment

What is your problem, you lost it when you saw this was regarding a tummy tuck surgery?? Do you know anything about me no I don't think so. Next time you should just not even reply if it isn't going to be helpful to my question.

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
                  Yanno? What the hell? When I saw that comment about the tummy tuck I couldn't even respond. I just lost it.

What the hell?

How about an acupuncture and a chemical peel during FTX? Geez.

Comment

What is your problem, you lost it when you saw this was regarding a tummy tuck surgery?? Do you know anything about me no I don't think so. Next time you should just not even reply if it isn't going to be helpful to my question.
                    I don't need to know you. You don't need a tummy tuck. That is unless you want to wait around for months until you heal (mandatory 6 months), then wait around for another couple weeks to months for a medical waiver. That is, if they accept people with tummy tuck surgery, which I don't know off hand. But I'll be perfectly willing to research that for you. But then again you were disqualified for vision. So....
                    Last edited by VICEROY06; May 3rd, 2013, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Thank you!
                      Also, you might want to do yourself a favor and click on that ARMY REGULATION link I posted earlier in this thread. It's about 140 pages of nothing but REGULATION. Check it out.

Comment

That is all I am trying to find is information about whether they do accept people. If you can find something about it that would be awesome. I did click on the link that was helpful. I saw the regulation on the refraction error and I understand what that is now. So thank you for that. My recruiter seems to say waivers happen all the time, that its no big deal I got disqualified for my vision. So we will see I guess.

Comment

I did click on regualtion link it was very helpful. Now I understand about refraction error and how I was over the standard. If you can research it that would be great, I'd like information about whether in the past its been accepted for people. Thats all. My recruiter says not to worry about waivers they happen all the time. But I didn't even know going into MEPS I could get disqualified potentially for my vision.

Comment

You can be DQ'd for anything. That's what the MEPS doctors are there to do.

Comment

I did click on regualtion link it was very helpful. Now I understand about refraction error and how I was over the standard. If you can research it that would be great.
                              Certainly, sir.

I'll get right on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X